Riana, a founding partner with Smith Bowers, PLLC, focuses her practice in the areas of Business Law, Business Litigation, and Construction Law. Riana often acts as general counsel for her clients, assisting them with a wide-range of issues related to their business needs, including corporate formation and planning, employment matters, contract drafting and negotiations, business disputes, collections, non-compete agreements, mergers and acquisitions, dissolution, and succession planning.
In her construction law practice, Riana handles all aspects related to the construction industry, including but not limited to all phases of construction, contract negotiations, construction litigation, immigration compliance, and employment law.
Riana works with her clients to reach creative and amicable solutions to try and avoid litigation and minimize costs. When litigation arises or becomes unavoidable, however, she is experienced in representing her clients in state and federal court, as well as in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as arbitration and mediation.
Riana's favorite color is black.
Riana Has Also Received The Following Recognitions
- Named one of Business North Carolina's Legal Elite in the field of Construction for 2012; 2014-2018
- Named one of Business North Carolina's Legal Elite- Best Women Lawyers in the State for 2014
- Selected by North Carolina Super Lawyers® as a Rising Star for 2011-2013 and Super Lawyer for 2014-2019
- Selected by Super Lawyers for their annual Business Edition list as a top business attorney
- North Carolina
- United States District Court, Eastern District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Middle District of North Carolina
- United States District Court, Western District of North Carolina
- Campbell University School of Law, 2003, J.D.
- Appalachian State University, 2000, B.A.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Construction Law Section Chair (2016-2017)
- Construction Law Section Vice-Chair (2015-2016); Council Member; Committee Co-Chair